template

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The end of my blogging hiatus...

This morning I realized its been over a month since my last post, I didn't realize it had been that long but I guess it has. A lot has happened in a month, both good and bad. I have had a rough couple of weeks and I've never been so glad for time to fly by.

On September 18th my Grandmother lost her battle with cancer. It has been one of the most devastating times of my life. It was unexpected and it happened so fast, I felt like my entire world came crashing down around me. My Grandmother was diagnosed in December with lung cancer that over the course of the past ten months spread elsewhere. I know she fought as hard as she could and that she is in a better place now but its so hard for me to think about the fact that she is gone. I'm supposed to be visiting her next weekend for fall break to spend time with her and introduce her to Ben. I never planned on the last time I would see her would be right before she died. My heart still hurts when I think about it.

My Grandmother as a freshman at Northeastern

Taken around 1965, she was my age at the time

Mom, Dad, My Grandmother, Me, and My Grandfather

The Boston Globe wrote an article about my Grandmother after her passing, she did a lot of cool things in her life. If you would like to read it you will find it here

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful article on what sounds like an incredible woman. I am so sorry for your loss.

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete