template

Saturday, March 17, 2012

10 Things I Can't Live Without- Part 1

1. My Michael Kors Watch
I wear this watch every single day! I bought it last year as a birthday present to myself. It has proven to be a timeless, classy investment. Yes it was a little pricey but purchasing it during Belk's charity day + birthday money made it not break the bank. I wear it so much that I feel weird when I forget to put it on in the morning. I am lost during the school day without since it helps me pace my lessons to make sure I stay on track throughout the day.

2. My Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 and Alma Bag


Yes I am a bag snob. I admit it and I'm ok with that. I love Louis Vuitton and Dooney & Bourke. They are my two favorite handbag brands. Not because of the labels, because of the quality and timelessness of the bags. My louis's are my favorite bags of all time and probably my best consignment finds ever! Thats right they are from consignment stores!!! Authentic, vintage LV for a fraction of the cost. However, if you are going to buy LV in a consignment store make sure you are aware of what makes a bag authentic to ensure that you are not buying a fake. There are great resources online to help you find what you should look for. Also, make sure you have a lot of patience. It requires a lot of it to find the right bag, quality and price when your looking in consignment stores.

3. Black Flats
I love these shoes. I have actually had 2 pairs of these exact shoes. I essentially wear them to death and replace them. They are inexpensive, comfortable and lest forever! I also have a pair of black flats with a quilted pattern and patent cap toe that I wear all the time to school, however, those are about to bite the dust :( i'll be super sad when I finally have to say they are completely worn out (which will probably be in about a week). I have found that it is simply impossible to live without a pair of simple black flats. They go with just about everything, are easy to shop for, and easy to wear. Throw on jeans, a cute top, and black flats and BAM! Easy, quick outfit when you don't have time to figure out what to wear (or your feeling lazy. 

4. Mascara
I have not always been an avid mascara wearer, but recently I realized how much of a difference it can make in how I look and feel. I have been going through a period of trial and error to find the right one for me. I have sensitive eyes when it comes to eye shadow and mascara and a lot of mascara's don't work for me. I think this is one of the reasons why I haven't been a big fan of wearing it. However, I read A LOT of fashion/beauty magazines/blogs and I noticed that one mascara kept being mentioned over and over again- Christian Dior's Diorshow. So one day in Sephora I finally bit the bullet and tried it (it helps that Sephora's return policy ensured that I could bring it back if it bothered me.) What a difference a good mascara can make! I wear glasses daily and I noticed how much it made my eyes pop even if I wasn't wearing any eye make up at all. 

5. Urban Decay's "Naked 1" Eye Palette

There is a lot of hype about this eye shadow palette. And by a lot, I mean A TON of hype. There are countless reviews and mentions about this palette. It is so popular that a lot of time it is sold out at Sephora and Ulta. Urban Decay even came out with a Naked 2 palette in addition to the first one. I recently bought it (along with my Diorshow mascara) and I have to say I really like it. Its a lot of nuetral shades, which are great for school and the colors go great with each other so I can easily experiment with different combinations. I haven't always been big into neutrals and brownish shades but I'm falling in love with them through using this palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment