Today I realized I truly am a grown-up. In a month and a half, I will be 25 years old. And like many people I know, have no idea what I am doing with my life. Or what I want to do. Why is it that we rush and rush to decide in school what we are going to do for the rest of our lives? I have a degree in chemistry, and to be honest I can't remember what made me decide that was going to be my future. By the time I graduated, chemistry wasn't any fun, I just figured it was easier to finish than to start all over. Plus, I had the added stress of my parents wanting me to have a major that was worthwhile degree. Am I currently using that degree? Are any of my classmates using their chemistry degree, let alone able to get a good job in chemistry? No. Isn't it ironic?
For so long I have been doing what others want. I am a people pleaser. I have always placed unobtainable expectations upon myself, on top of trying to achieve their expectations of me. It sucks, its tiring and it causes enormous stress and anxiety. All too often I am a giant ball of nerves, I worry about everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. This blog, among other things is a way I deal with it all and a way to de-stress. I have been thinking a lot about my life lately and have discovered some goals for myself that I would like to achieve. I don't consider them resolutions, but things I would like to accomplish in 2011.
A few things I would like to accomplish in 2011....
1. Be happy, healthy, and carefree- I would like to conquer my anxiety, learn to relax and get back in shape. I think doing these things will make me a happier girl.
2. Start saving, set a monthly budget, and stick to it.
3. Take a vacation. A real vacation.
4. Find a job that pays me what I am worth.
5. Decide what career I really want to have.
6. Enjoy my beautiful little family that I have been blessed with. I am thankful to have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world- he is the best part of my life. Adding Annie to my life only made it better! I can't wait to see what the future brings for us!